Announcement: Shows on all pages - Can be linked to reg.
Calgary Villains F.C (CVFC) is devoted to fostering and providing a Grassroots, Development and High-Performance Soccer environment in order to give all players, coaches, referees and managers every opportunity to enjoy the game of soccer and to help them achieve their maximum potential as participants in this sport. We have distinct programs in our club:
- Discovery U4-U6
- Fundamental U7-U8
- Transition U9-U12
- Progression U13-U19
- AYSL High-Performance U13 +
- Adult Program (Men’s & Women’s)
We seek to teach participants the fundamental skills of soccer and to make soccer a pleasant, fun, and safe experience for all involved.
CVFC is devoted to the development of competent coaches and adequate physical facilities suitable to the organization and conduct of the game.
CVFC also promotes local, provincial, national, and international competition through contacts with Canadian Universities, US Colleges, and affiliations with International and Professional clubs.
We believe that all players are winners, regardless of ability, because everyone is afforded an equal opportunity to participate in a soccer program as as part of a team. CVFC is committed to the promotion of soccer and the development of its players, coaches, and referees to their highest potential level of achievement.
CVFC was founded for the following purposes:
- To promote the game of soccer in the community and provide comprehensive programs offering House League, Recreational, Elite programs
- To provide competent coaching and adequate physical facilities to the best of our ability
- To promote the spirit of sportsmanship, Fun and FairPlay with the game of soccer and life.
- Fun – we believe in soccer being fun; first and foremost
- Inclusiveness – we believe soccer should welcome all who wish to participate
- Excellence – we strive for and support the greatest level of achievement for all members
- Fair Play – we believe in fairness on and off the field of play
Calgary Villains FC (CVFC) is devoted to fostering and providing a Grassroots, Recreational and Development soccer environment to give all players, coaches, referees and managers every opportunity to enjoy the game of soccer and to help them achieve their maximum potential as participants in this sport. We aim to teach participants the fundamental skills of soccer and to make soccer a pleasant, fun, and safe experience for all involved.
CVFC is devoted to the development of players, coaches, and referees of both sexes.
CVFC promotes local, provincial, national, and international competition through contacts with Canadian Universities, US Colleges, and affiliations with international and domestic professional clubs.
CVFC believes that all players are winners, regardless of ability, because everyone is afforded an equal opportunity to participate in a soccer program as part of a team.
CVFC is committed to the promotion of soccer and introducing and encouraging participation in the world’s most popular sport.
- Develop our players into good people on and off the pitch
- Develop a sense of club pride in all age groups and levels
- Ability for players to stay from grassroots to grey roots ( U3-U55 )
- Attract high-calibre athletes for Tier 1-2
- Promote and support community teams playing together in grassroots and recreational programs
- Create a life long love for the game whatever the level of play
- Place players in the Regional, Provincial and National team programs
- Develop players for College, University teams ( Canadian and US) and facilitate procurement of scholarships
- Increase our reputation throughout the province and the country for player development
- Support and promote player pathways
The Villains club was founded by Chris Baker in 1981 who is still an active president in our organization. Our TD Munib Koric has been involved for 20 years in a technical capacity and is the longest-serving technical staff at one organization. Munib is a certified UEFA Pro coach which is the highest license you can achieve as a coach in the world. Our Operations Manager Calvin Campbell has been involved for 22 years servicing many roles within the club. Together these three have over 80 years invested in the Villains and have a true sense of loyalty, passion and commitment to the club. You will not find another organization that has the commitment and dedication that these three provide the club.
We Pride ourselves on having former players who come back into the club in coaching roles. We currently have over 10 coaches and staff who were involved in the youth level many of them being involved in the club for over 15 years.
Together our Program leads on the recreational side have been involved with Villains for a combined 35 years. These staff bleed the DNA of the club and ensure that all levels and all abilities have the best programming available. We put equal care and emphasis into each program to ensure every player has a great experience in the club. We are also one of the few clubs that do not charge extra technical fees on our recreational side and offer almost as much as top competitive programs in the city.
Youth National Champions
Represented National Teams
Become Volunteer Today
In order for our club to operate we need various roles filled through the season. Helping with assessments and player check-ins, sorting uniforms, and team bags, and assisting with festivals and jamboree, and tournament coordinator to name a few. If you can help let us know via the form below or in our member zone by hitting Volunteer Now